Managed Service Professional – Current Open Position
XENON is Australia’s leader in High Performance Computing, Storage, Networking, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence solutions and services. We assist leading research teams and organisations with solutions, services, and infrastructure.
We are seeking an experienced and talented engineer to join our Professional Services team. This role involves close collaboration with XENON architects and engineers, customers and partners to design, install, configure, integrate, test, support, and troubleshoot our systems and solutions.
As a part of the team, you will be working on modern architectures and solutions (HPC, storage, networking, data management and protection, public/private/hybrid cloud), integrating them into complex environments, developing customer-facing tools and documentation, supporting and maintaining our solutions, and working as a trusted partner and adviser with our customers.
Therefore, we require a candidate with strong knowledge of Linux system administration, compute/network/storage/data management, HPC/clustering solutions, virtualisation and containerisation technologies, as well as strong support, troubleshooting and consultative skills.
If you’re looking to join a highly innovative Australian company, tackle big challenges we would like to meet you.
- Analyse challenging customer requirements and develop leading edge solutions in HPC, storage, networking, data management and protection, public/private/hybrid cloud
- Integrate XENON & XENON partner products into a variety of environments
- Execute integration, deployment and migration projects
- Develop customer-facing tools and documentation
- Support and maintain our solutions and solve complex issues in the field
- Strong presentation and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components and how they are tracked and managed in various systems
- Support escalations with onsite consulting management
Required Skills & Experience
- Linux distros in various flavours (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, etc.)
- Windows and Windows server environments
- Container technologies (especially docker, Kubernetes): full life cycle from designing and building containers to deployment, management, upgrades
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible): infrastructure as code, documented and reproducible environments
- Linux cluster design, configuration, management
- HPC environments: OpenHPC, Bright Cluster Manager, Rocks
- Job management systems: PBS, Slurm, LSF, torque, SGE, etc.
- Virtualisation technologies: esp. KVM, vmware
- Monitoring tools: Zabbix, Ganglia, Nagios, Icinga
- Storage configuration, management, backup, archive, tiering: NAS, SAN, Object storage; software defined, open source solutions
- Scripting and programming: bash, Python, PHP, Perl, etc.
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle): architecture, configuration, management, cloud bursting, cost control
- Programming languages: C, C++, Fortran
- Networking: Infiniband and Ethernet, modern switch operating systems (Cumulus, Dent, Sonic, etc.)
- More than 5 years of experience in Linux/Unix administration and support
- 3+ years of experience with problem resolution in large scale production environments
- More than 2 years of experience with direct professional/managed services, customer support, monitoring and troubleshooting solutions through remote access
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when required
- Must be able to empathize with all partners and customers and take the time to fully understand their points of view, needs and problems to help delivery results.
- Sense of urgency around critical issues
- Positive attitude and helpful approach
- Excellent spoken and written communications
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information
- Customer training and knowledge transfer
- Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
- Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
- Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
- Good planning skills and ability to deliver on agreed schedules
- Ability to work independently or with others to deliver the highest level of success
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
If you are interested and feel you meet the required skills and experience, we look forward to reviewing your application.Apply Now
Please note that XENON is an equal opportunity employer and only suitable candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.