Shifting to a Cloud Mindset
Cloud architectures can deliver agility with on-demand resources. This approach allows for closer managing of departmental or project IT resources with requirements. Shifting from procurement to cloud provision is a fundamental change in the provisioning of IT for end users.
However, evaluating public cloud offerings requires navigating opaque fees and service charges, and “guestimates” of what final charges will be incurred.
The XENON team have helped a number of customers to transform their IT infrastructure into a cloud based approach – using both public cloud as well as private cloud approaches. XENON has partnered with the main public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and we have delivered a number of cloud focused engagements. These have included:
- Architecting best practice hybrid cloud solutions for burst capacity.
- Designing on-demand public cloud HPC solution for project based work.
- Designing and delivering private cloud infrastructure delivering on-demand experience for eResearch (read the case study here).
XENON has also developed the XENON Cluster Stack™ – a containerised infrastructure-as-code approach for HPC management which makes hybrid public-private cloud HPC seamless and easy. Read more about the XENON Cluster Stack™ here.
XENON offers an independent, vendor agnostic approach with a deep understanding of complex HPC workloads and the management and protection of large data sets. This allows XENON to develop the best infrastructure for your workload requirements, time horizon and budget.
Contact XENON today and explore how cloud architectures can benefit your operations.Talk to a Solutions Architect
XENON cloud services are available for defined term projects or on-going support in a managed services agreement. All scopes of work are tailored to your environment and requirements.
The range of services available include:
- Evaluate current infrastructure options: on-premise, hybrid or fully cloud native solutions.
- Design cost effective cloud infrastructure, levering on-premise or cloud native workloads.
- Implementation containerisation across on-premise or hybrid cloud architectures.
- Monitor and manage cost and ROI to optimise workload performance within budgets
Cloud solutions reflect a shift in architecture. This transforms IT infrastructure with:
- Containerisation of applications and functions abstracted from underlying hardware and free from vendor lock-in delivering easy up-dates, management and maintenance.
- On-demand resources available to users as required. Better matching of IT requirements, budgets and expenses while pooling resources across the organisation.
- Infrastructure-as-code which allows on-the-fly deployment of infrastructure and applications through a combination of containerisation, scripting and automation.
- High availability and redundancy enabled by scripting and resource pooling.
- Security and collaboration through containerised access and control.
Learn more about XENON cloud solutions – including:Talk to a Solutions Architect