Huawei, NVIDIA®, and XENON would like to invite you to attend a technical workshop to learn how Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) can cost effectively deliver a powerful mobile desktop experience to students whilst enhancing IT security, management and control.
This is a unique opportunity to hear from industry experts about the benefits of VDI, key features and essential considerations for successful VDI deployment.
When: Thursday March 17th 2016
Where: Huawei HQ – Level 11, Tower B, 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, NSW
Time: 8:00am for an 8:30 start
A light breakfast will be served
This event is finished.
See the presentations from the event.
Global Solutions Team
Senior Solutions Architect,
CTO and Head of R&D,
8:30 am – 9:00 am
- An introduction to Huawei Australia
- Overview of Huawei Enterprise portfolio
- A look at ICT trends in the Education space
- Overview of Huawei Fusion Cloud VDI
- Typical scenarios and Case Studies
9:00 am – 9:30 am
Any App, Any Device, Any student, Any Time. Learning is something you do, not a desk you should have to sit at.
With NVIDIA® GRID you can virtualise the Workstations in the Data Centre, with all of the flexibility, control and performance that can only happen there, and deliver either desktops or applications to either School owned devices, or student BYOD. IT administrators can change apps, power on workloads and even the performance a student experiences with a mouse, at any time of the day.
- How does GRID change the classroom dynamic?
- Equity of access to all students
- Cross campus flexibility
- Multiple classrooms with the same infrastructure
- Dynamic Scaling and flexible workloads
- Change as a constant, and more easily done
8:30 am – 9:00 am
- Overview of XENON’s capabilities in Education
- Details of Traditional Workstation Lab (Scenario 1)
- Details of VDI Lab based on VMware (Scenario 2)
- Details of VDI Lab based on FusionSphere (Scenario 3)
- VDI and Total Cost of Ownership
- Introductory Offer and In-house Test Drive
XENON will be offering a VDI assessment and in-house test drive service that helps simplify complex challenges by determining the optimal way to implement your VDI solution.
- NVIDIA® SHIELD Console
- Huawei Smartwatch