Combining the Graphics of the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 and the Power of the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 on One System
Intel®‘s Visual Compute Accelerator that brings 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) media processing capabilities to Intel® Xeon® processor E5 platforms. The Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator card integrates three Intel® Xeon® E3 processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics and Intel® Quick Sync Video media processing acceleration hardware into a PCIe* card form factor that fits into Xeon® processor E5-based servers. This card is specifically designed for High Definition (HD) and 4K UHD media processing with High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and High-Density Advanced Video Coding (AVC) transcoding solutions.
Offer your cloud and communication service provider customers a customisable solution that can:
- Offer fast transcoding for video into multiple formats and bit rates reducing the amount of time needed to process the video inputs
- Reduce the amount of storage needed for those multiple formats through higher compression processing
- Allow for real time transcoding into multiple formats from the stored format, reducing the need to store all possible media formats
- Reduces the amount of network bandwidth needed (lower bit rates) at better video quality by compressing the video prior to transmission
The Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator is uniquely capable of supporting the different media processing solutions as it contains three Intel® Xeon® processor E3 v4 with Intel® Iris Pro Graphics P6300; placing these three processors on a Gen3 x16 PCIe card provides high throughput and low latency when moving data to and from the card.
- Supports HD and UHD 4K with HEVC and AVC transcodes
- 3x Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 v4 family with Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics
- Up to 96GB of DDR3 memory
- Full-length, full-height, double-width Gen3 PCIe x16 card
- Compatible with Intel® Server Products S2600WT family and ecosystem partner systems