XENON is an Australian leader in high performance computing solutions. Our customised IT solutions which incorporate hardware, software and professional services are designed to tackle data intensive and complex visualisation challenges, allowing our clients to focus on breaking new ground in their respective fields.
We work with a wide variety of customers and industries that include education, scientific research, finance, broadcast, defence, and telecommunications.
XENON is seeking a talented Solutions Architect to work in partnership with Account and Business Development Managers to help drive the sales of our solutions. The primary objective of the Solutions Architect is to accelerate our growth in the areas of hardware, software, services, and advanced technologies in XENON’s product portfolio.
The Solutions Architect is a pre- and post-sales resource who leads the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges, then translates them into effective solutions and provides post-sales support. The Solutions Architect’s ability to support sales and profit goals will transpire through joint account planning, partner teaming (internal and external), on-site client visits, solutions development and support.
In partnership with Enterprise Sales Leadership and Account Executives:
- Develop and Manage tender responses and lodgements
- Develop account planning strategies to identify opportunities in targeted accounts
- Participate in sales calls and presentations to identify, develop, and close opportunities.
- Develop deep technology solutions based on client requirements
- Joint Bid and Proposal Development with Sales
- Prepare statements of work (SOW’s) and advanced technology service estimates.
- Equip and train the enterprise sales organization on technology solutions and their advantages and benefits
- Prospect and develop opportunities independently where appropriate
Working with Clients
- Build and maintain technical relationships in assigned accounts as appropriate to identify and drive additional opportunities
- Perform advanced technology assessments
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and deep understanding of client’s IT related business goals and challenges to ensure proper translation of the client’s needs into technology solutions
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
Working Within Our Team
- Support other sales activities as appropriate utilizing specialized subject matter expertise
- Support other practices as needed based on skillset, demand, and availability
- Keep pipeline, forecast, time and billing, project and activity reporting current based with defined tools and meeting submittal deadlines.
General Background Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline; equivalent years of experience is acceptable
- 5+ years experience in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years in a pre-sales technical role
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Deep understanding of compute, storage and networking technologies
- Experience with writing Tenders, Statements of Work (SOWs) and creating Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Ability to travel an average of 20% of the time
- This role is primarily pre-sales focused however the individual should also be comfortable working in a post-sales capacity
- Excellent Word, Excel and PPT skills
Technical Skills & Certifications Required
- Five or more years’ experience architecting server and storage solutions
- Virtualisation: Server, Storage, Networking (VMware, MS Hyper-V, Citrix, KVM, etc.)
- Linux and Windows Server experience
- High performance networking (Infiniband, Ethernet)
- Solid knowledge of storage systems integration best practices and procedures with servers, networks, operating systems, databases, applications and virtualization systems within in a heterogeneous environment
- Individual must be highly resourceful and independent with the ability to quickly learn multiple disciplines and complete new certifications
- HPC Clusters
- Strong Knowledge in processor and GPU technology
- Knowledge of high availability clustering, data replication and disaster recovery strategies for business continuity
- Hyperconverged infrastructure solutions
- Experience with major enterprise, scalable, distributed and storage systems such as, Lustre, Ceph and GPFS.
- A major plus is to have additional background and industry recognised certifications in storage and server solutions
- Knowledge of SAN topologies and network topologies with FC and OSI model layers
- Enterprise backup solutions
- Block-level, file-level, object, unified storage solutions for structured or unstructured data
In return, XENON will offer the right person relevant training, a friendly and flexible environment, on-site office parking, and a chance for personal growth in a dynamic organisation.
This position is available immediately to the right candidate. Remuneration is commensurate with experience and skills. To apply, please forward a current resume with cover letter addressing the job requirements and your availability through our application page here.
Short-listed applicants only will be notified.