Western Digital Data Centre Storage Platforms leverage WD drive expertise to create a flexible and dense storage option for modern data centres. Control of the manufacturing process of the drives through to the configuration of the storage enclosures gives Western Digital Data Centre Platforms a performance advantage which delivers storage solutions with lower cost, longer life and better TCO.
XENON represents the full range of WD Data Centre platforms including:
Ultrastar range of JBODS – the Data60 and Data102 hold 60 or 102 drives doe 1.2PB or 2.0PB raw capacity in 4RU.
Ultrastar Storage Servers – the Serv24-A with up to 368TB SSD in 2U and the Serv60+8 which 60HHD and 8SSD in a hybrid format that packs 1.2PB into 4RU.
OpenFlex F3200 and OpenFlex Data24 (JBOD) – this platform provides the latest in NVME drives which can be configured as NVME-over-Fabrics for composable storage which delivers agility, flexibility and extremely fast performance.
Western Digital also offers a range of portal storage options and a ruggedised storage server for managing data storage requirements at the Edge.
Contact the XENON team to size up the right Western Digital Storage Solution for your data storage requirements.Get a Quote
The Ultrastar Data60 is a key element of next-generation disaggregated storage and software-defined storage (SDS) systems, delivering high density and the flexibility to balance performance with cost.
- Up to 60 Ultrastar HDDs (SAS or SATA)
- Hybrid support for up to 24 SSDs (SAS or SATA) to create a data acceleration tier
- Up to 1.2PB of raw storage in 4U with 20TB SMR HDDs
- Up to 4 units may be daisy-chained for a total raw capacity of 4.8PB
The OpenFlex Data24 NVMe-oF Storage Platform can also be used as a disaggregated storage resource in an open composable infrastructure environment. OpenFlex Data24 is built to deliver high availability and enterprise-class reliability.
- Up to 368TB1 of low latency Dual Port SSDs in 2U 24-bay platform
- Bandwidth match between SSDs (Storage) and I/O (Network) – No oversubscription
- RESTful API support for simplified management
- Vertically integrated Western Digital design: NVMe SSDs, fabric adapters and platform
The Ultrastar Serv60+8 high-capacity storage server addresses the demanding storage needs of large enterprise customers, OEMs, Cloud Service Providers and resellers/integrators that require dense, shared HDD or hybrid storage with compute included.
- High-performance Intel Xeon® scalable processor-based server
- Up to 60 (SAS or SATA) HDDs plus up to 8 (SAS or SATA) SSDs
- Hybrid support with up to 24 SSDs (SAS or SATA) in place of HDDs for a data acceleration tier
- Up to 1.3PB1 raw capacity in a 4U enclosure with 20TB SMR HDDs