MetaConnect 16 is a layer 1 switch specifically designed for latency sensitive applications such as trading, but can benefit any network without adding overheads. Multiple independent links through the device are supported at different data-rates with high performance signal recovery, regeneration and conditioning (EDC on input, CDR on input and output). Features Packet statistics and precise timestamping for time critical applications in financial services and financial trading markets.
Core Features of the MetaConnect 16:
- 4ns Latency: Provides a host of features and yet it is barely detectable in the network. The latency has been verified in our own benchmarks, and also by STAC Research.
- Crosspoint Switch: Acts as remotely configurable patch panel, kill-switch or bypass for failed links. “Wire once” to reduce visits to the data-center.
- Port Mirroring: Replaces network taps to monitor or share feeds such as market-data with full regeneration and no additional overhead. Provides unlimited port-to-port mirroring with regeneration.
- Media Conversion: Reduces costs by converting between different media types running at the same rate. e.g. convert from high cost fibre to lower cost copper.
- Flexible SFP/SFP+ support:
- SFP/SFP+ ports from 100M-11.3Gbps, also allows the use of less expensive modules that are boosted by MetaConnect’s high performance signal recovery and regeneration.
- Protocol Agnostic: Connects any bit-stream with regeneration to improve signal quality and includes bit-for-bit forwarding for any protocol
Quick Quote Request