MetaConnect 16 is a layer 1 switch specifically designed for latency sensitive applications such as trading, but can benefit any network without adding overheads.
Features and Benefits:
- 4ns Latency: Provides a host of features and yet it is barely detectable in the network. The latency has been verified in our own benchmarks, and also by STAC Research.
- Crosspoint Switch: Acts as remotely configurable patch panel, kill-switch or bypass for failed links. “Wire once” to reduce visits to the data-center.
- Port Mirroring: Replaces network taps to monitor or share feeds such as market-data with full regeneration and no additional overhead.
- Media Conversion: Reduces costs by converting between different media types running at the same rate. e.g. convert from high cost fibre to lower cost copper.
- Flexible SFP/SFP+ support: Allows the use of less expensive modules that are boosted by MetaConnect’s high performance signal recovery and regeneration.
- Protocol Agnostic: Connects any bit-stream with regeneration to improve signal quality.
- SFP/SFP+ ports from 100M-11.3Gbps
- Bit-for-bit forwarding for any protocol
- Unlimited port-to-port mirroring with regeneration
- Multiple independent links through the device are supported at different data-rates
- High performance signal recovery, regeneration and conditioning (EDC on input, CDR on input and output)
- Packet statistics and precise timestamping