The Metamako MetaMux 48K is a versatile application switch. It is optimised to run MetaWatch, a tap-aggregation and high-resolution timestamping solution with deep buffering, but may also be configured to perform layer 1 switching in only 5 ns, multiplexing/aggregation in 99 ns or filtering at 95 ns. As MetaMux 48K has an on-board Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGA it can also be used as a deployment platform for third party or custom developed FPGA applications.
Features and Benefits:
- One device; different applications: Can be configured in tap-aggregation (MetaWatch), multiplexing (MetaMux) or filtering (MetaFilter) modes. Can be used as a platform to host custom developed FPGA applications.
- Tap aggregation with deep buffering: Tap, timestamp and aggregate up to 30 ports into a pair of output ports with 8GB egress buffer.
- Fast 32:1 multiplexing: Aggregate streams from multiple sources into a single stream for hand-off to exchanges, microwave links, or WAN links. Also configurable as many N:1 multiplexers.
- Integrated layer 1 switching: Patching, media conversion, tapping, replication, packet statistics. Wire-once and remotely reconfigure to reduce visits to the data centre. Use Layer 1 broadcast to implement a return path with a latency of just 5 ns and virtually no jitter.
- Port Mirroring: Replaces taps to monitor or share feeds such as market-data with full regeneration and no additional overhead.
- Deterministic: Know and rely upon your system’s latency. Traffic passes through at 5 ns.
- Flexible SFP/SFP+ support: Allows the use of less expensive modules, including twin-ax copper cables, that are boosted by MetaMux’s high performance signal recovery and regeneration.
- TAP aggregation - funnel your tapped ports into a single stream
- Packet filtering at 95 ns
Fast multiplexing (many to one) with half the latency of the best conventional switches
Order entry switch with 99 ns latency (assuming no congestion)
Layer 1 performance of MetaConnect
- Suitable for latency critical paths with 5 ns latency port to port
- Reconfigurable without rewiring - use as a patch panel or kill switch/circuit breaker
- Broadcasts one to many in 5 ns
- Ad-hoc tapping without rewiring
- Cost savings through the use of less expensive SFP+ and network media - e.g. convert fibre to copper