NITRO™ G8 Visual Workstation
The XENON NITRO™ G8 Rack Workstation is optimised for Visual and High Performance Computing environments that require intensive processing power for visualisation, data-modelling, media production and design.
Key features include:
- Compact 1U Rack form factor
- Up to (2) GPU processors enables organisations to harness the power of supercomputing in research, production or business environment
- NVIDIA® Quadro® Professional Graphics or Tesla® GPU support for personal supercomputing demands
- Up to 768GB of memory for complex in-memory computation, data analysis and modelling
- Internal storage for 3 x 3.5” or 6 x 2.5” high performance hot-swap drives
- GPU can be selected to depending on the requirement for single or double decimal point accuracy
- Granular management protocols including IPMI v2.0 and PMBus v1.3 to ensure uptime and consistent performance
Rack - 1U form factor
Single Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor family
ECC Memory. Support for up to 768GB DDR4 High Speed DIMM error correcting memory. Supports 2666/2400/2133MHz clock speeds. High Performance memory is selected to reduce jitter and latency to ensure predictable performance when memory and CPU are optimised to exceed published specifications.
- Single bit memory errors are corrected
- Double bit memory errors are detected
- Memory operates at 1.2V
Intel® C621 Chipset. The XENON NITRO™ G8 supports Enterprise class operating systems including Windows Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server and Suse Enterprise Server. The chipset also supports BIOS provided by American Megatrends, Phoenix Technologies and Insyde Software. For expansion needs the C612 supports 10 SATA Gen 3 ports operating at 6Gb/s and up to 6 USB 3.0 ports and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
The XENON Nitro™ G8 supports (2) GPU processors for intensive computational work. You can install (2) double deck GPU’s to meet the differing needs of specific computation tasks. The Rack Workstation supports leading GPU’s from Intel® and NVIDIA® to provide single and double decimal point error correction.
- NVIDIA® Tesla®
- NVIDIA® Quadro®
- Intel® Xeon® Phi™
- NVIDIA® GeForce® Titan
BIOS Performance Enhancements
Operating System Support
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (x86 and x64)
- Suse Enterprise Linux Server (x86 and x64)
Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) V2.0 that features virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support via a dedicated RJ45 Ethernet port. The power supply is equipped with PMBus to alert administrators on performance parameters and flag any anomalous behaviour that may indicate a potential failure.
The workstation has an embedded SATA3 6Gb/s controller that supports up to 10 SATA 3 ports.
- Internal: (3) 3.5” SATA hot-swap Disks
- External: (6) 2.5” SATA hot-swap Disks
- On board expansion:
- (2) PCI-E 3.0 x16 expansion slots (16/16)
- (1) PCI-E 3.0 x8 expansion slot (8)
- External USB expansion: (2) USB 3.0 ports
The XENON NITRO™ G8 features an embedded dual Intel® x550 10GbE network interface.
Embedded AST2500 Management Processor that offers 1900 x 1200 resolution for a console.
1400W High Efficiency power supply. The power supply is enabled with the PMBus protocol to ensure stable performance operation and increase system uptime.
- Height: 16.7″ (424mm)
- Depth: 20.68″ (525.3mm)
- Width: 7.6″ (193mm)
- Operating Temperature: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Non-operating Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 8% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
XENON can add extra features to maximise the return on investment in your NITRO™ visual workstation.
- Ethernet cards that operate within your Ethernet fabric at 25GbE, 50GbE and 100GbE speeds for maximum throughput and reliability.
- InfiniBand/VPI interface cards that offer data throughput rates of 56Gb and 100Gb/s
- High Speed, high performance DDR4 memory with ECC error detection
- The workstation has an embedded SATA3 6Gb/s controller that supports up to 10 SATA 3 ports.
- SSD SATA Drives in 240GB/480GB and 960GB capacities
- NVMe PCIe SSD Flash Drives in 400/800GB and 1.2/1.6/2TB capacities
- Enterprise class SATA Drives in 1/2/3/4/6/8TB capacities